Is nitrous oxide safe?
Nitrous oxide, often called “laughing gas,” is a safe and easy way to help patients feel more comfortable and relaxed during their dental appointments.
Very few people experience adverse effects when using nitrous oxide. The side effects these people experience are typically headache and nausea, and they fade quickly as soon as nitrous oxide administration is ceased.
Some of the benefits of nitrous oxide that make it one of the safest types of sedation dentistry available include:
- Because nitrous oxide is a gas, we can control the dosage according to your needs, even during your treatment.
- The effects of nitrous oxide wear off quickly with just a few deep breaths, which means that you can safely drive home following your appointment and even return to work or school!
- You remain awake and alert throughout the entire procedure, so you can communicate with us about your comfort levels or any unpleasant side effects from the nitrous oxide.
- The effects come on very quickly, so we only have to provide sedation during the actual treatment time.
Nitrous oxide is so safe that it is appropriate for all age ranges – including children!
If you need a procedure and feel anxiety or worry, please talk to us about sedation with nitrous oxide.
- Bonding and Veneers
- Cosmetic Treatments
- Crowns and Bridges
- Dental Implants
- Dentistry for Cancer Patients
- Laser Dentistry
- Nitrous Oxide (Laughing Gas)
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Periodontal (Gum) Treatments
- Preventive Services
- Root Canal Treatment
- Sleep Apnea Treatment
- Teeth Whitening
- Tooth-Colored Fillings