Does my child need to see a pediatric dentist?
A pediatric dentist is a dental specialist who has attended extra schooling to learn about special issues pertaining to children’s dental development and behavior management techniques for children with special needs.
For the most part, children are fine seeing a family dentist like Dr. Narra. Dr. Narra has skill and experience treating children and has the expertise to handle most situations including anxiety in children.
In some cases, it may be more appropriate for a child to see a pediatric dentist, and if Dr. Narra feels that this is right for your family, she will discuss this with you.
Some of the reasons why we might recommend a pediatric dentist for your child include:
- Complex or extensive dental work needs to be done.
- Your child has a dental condition that requires specialized treatment.
- Your child has a health condition that requires care coordination with a pediatrician or other specialist.
- Your child has special needs that either create a specific dental need or make it challenging for your child to relax, hold still, or follow instructions.
Bringing your child to a family dentist simplifies your life by allowing your entire family to be seen in a single office, therefore reducing trips and saving time.
- Bonding and Veneers
- Cosmetic Treatments
- Crowns and Bridges
- Dental Implants
- Dentistry for Cancer Patients
- Laser Dentistry
- Nitrous Oxide (Laughing Gas)
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Periodontal (Gum) Treatments
- Preventive Services
- Root Canal Treatment
- Sleep Apnea Treatment
- Teeth Whitening
- Tooth-Colored Fillings